Join UKONS – Inspiring cancer nursing
UKONS individual membership is now FREE. As long as you are qualified to practice as a nurse in the UK and are working with people affected by cancer, you are entitled to join UKONS.
Please note that all UKONS memberships will be valid until 31st March 2017.
UKONS members have informed the UKONS Board that they are eager to be involved in UKONS UK-wide and in their own countries, sharing practice and inspiring other nurses working in cancer care.
We have established 6 Members Interest Groups (MIGs) which are listed below:
Acute Oncology MIG
Living With & Beyond Cancer MIG
* You may join as many of these as you wish, as part of your UKONS membership.
What's in it for you?
- Your collective voice will influence the future of cancer nursing in the UK
- A vehicle to communicate with colleagues working in cancer care to share challenges in practice and support practice development
- Your views and expertise will be sought and shared with peers, cancer nurse leaders and national strategic policy makers in every country of the UK
- Educational initiatives that highlight practice innovations to meet the challenges of emergent technologies and service re-design inherent in contemporary cancer care
- You can ensure nursing practice is informed and developed by practising nurses
- Members have a reduced rate to UKONS events
- Access to the UKONS website and a chance to have your say about the issues that affect cancer nurses
- Free copies of the UKONS e-newsletter
- Access to a large UK network of nurses working in cancer care, cancer organisations and cancer institutions
- Receiving on a personal basis, an information update on oncology issues and UKONS related issues
- A dynamic nursing society
- Associated member of European Oncology Nursing Society which qualifies UKONS members for certain EONS membership benefits, including reduced rates at the European Cancer Organisation Congress