UCLan have created a workshop designed to help delegates develop effective communication between their patients, clinicians, and other healthcare professionals.
An expert team of academics will help you develop evidence-based skills through a range of engaging exercises.
The course covers critical themes such as -
• Facilitating behaviours for effective communication
• Building therapeutic relationships
• Effective assessment
• Dealing with strong emotions such as anger, upset etc
• Dealing with collusion; managing difficult conversations
• Treating patients with humanity, dignity and respect
• Listening to patients/relatives/carers and identifying and addressing barriers to effective communication
Delegates are required to attend both days.