28 March 2020
As a Staff Nurse working within Oncology, you will be providing care for Oncology patients from diagnosis, collaborative treatment planning, chronic pain control, to integration into the community and end of life care.
This rewarding and yet challenging role allows empathic and caring nursing to utilise the full range of nursing skills from diagnosis support, patient and relative education, administering chemotherapy and treating all illness related symptoms, medically, physically, emotionally and mentally.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assess, plan, deliver, evaluate and implement the highest of nursing standards covering specialisms; Cancer Care, Breast Care, Gastro, Skin, Liver and HPB
• Administer Chemotherapy if qualified, conduct patient teaching, managing their illness and accurately document all patient records onto the computerised systems
• Adhere to all patient safety standard operating procedures, codes of conduct in line with NMC and Clinical Governance policies.
• Take part in ward audits and contribute to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse with NMC registration
• Experience in the field of Oncology or Medical and/or Surgical
• Chemo trained is desirable but not essential
• Excellent communication skills who utilizes an emphatic and caring approach to patients whose diagnosis and treatment are often painful and life-threatening
• Supportive team player who is flexible to the needs of the department and willing to progress and continuously develop
If your Trust or Organisation would like to advertise here please contact UKONS at email@example.com